Saturday, November 06, 2004

Nizzana

I went exploring with Efrat again this weekend. We took a visitor from her lab to look for spiders near the Egyptian border around the Nizzana border crossing and then went walking ourselves.


It's a really interesting looking area--the wind and sand have worn the rock smooth into some really cool looking formations


The view of the area from above--you can see the pathways of smooth rock worn in the floor below.


Some more smooth rock formations...


Another view of the area. You can see Egypt in the far background--looks very different from Israel, eh?


These rows of crystal pipe like formations are all along the sides of the cliffs. I don't know what they are, how they are formed....but I do know they aren't salt--at least to the taste : )


And, of course, we looked for some spiders on the way back. We found this widow in some juniper bushes. Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

At 6:46 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jennie, I couldn't sign in because I couldn't understand the Japanese on my computer, oh well. I saw that you never get any comments and I know that if I had a blog that I would want comments! My comment...I think your blog is SUPER cool and I love looking at your pictures!Your tube story reminded me of experiences I had in Turkey and being amazed at what they can fit in and on vehicles.Keep the stories and the pictures coming! Miss you! Love Tess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home