The drive from Beer Sheva
I picked up my experimental tubs from Beer Sheva today. I was pretty sure that they wouldn't all fit on to the truck, but what do you know, they did (at least in a special 'only in Israel' kind of way).
When we were loading these on to (and in to--I'd already removed the pile from the passenger seat when I took the photo) the people at the store kept asking me "You're driving where????". Two people who worked in the store were helping me strap them down. Then their friend came to pick them up for lunch, and started helping too.....at one point I had 2 keter employees, their friend, and two random customers circling the truck, pulling on straps, and repeating "You're driving how far?" interspersed with "You'll be fine. Just drive very....very...slowly". After it was all strapped down the started pulling on the tubs to see if they could move it--when the truck rocked a lot, but the tubs stayed put, we figured I'd be fine.
Well, obviously, the drive back went fine. I can't imagine what I must have looked like driving these down the highway from BeerSheva. I know I would have been scared to be behind me....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home