Saturday, March 19, 2005

Back at Petra


As I did both just get back from Petra, and post about Petra, this post will be fairly short.

So, yes, I did go to Petra again. This trip made me realize how lucky I was to have a full day and a half last time I went to Petra. On the first trip, one of the employees in the visitor centre was telling us that most people only spend about 3 hours there--the tours just come for 1/2 day which is very little considering at least 1 of those would be spent walking to and from the site, and that's walking fast.



But, on this trip, that's about how long we had at Petra as well. Enough time to get in and see the major sites, but really just enough to get a taste, and no time to really explore at all. If it's all the time that's available, I think it's still worth the trip, but definitely better to stay longer.

So the pictures....the first is of the Treasury (you can see a bigger picture on the last post) as you see it when you are coming through the Siq. It's amazing that it just seems to pop out of nowhere. The second picture is me and my friend Valeria at the Treasury--she's one of the ones who convinced me to go to Jordan again....and I'm very grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home