Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Mary Mary Quite Contrary

How does your garden grow?

Well.....apparently it doesn't.

I planted a garden near the greenhouses to grow some plants from my collected seed, both for identification and to use the leaves.

Here is the pile of sand that I made my garden out of. Number of seeds planted = 0

And here are the plants that are growing in the pile
It gets pretty windy here, so sometimes the sand blows out of my pile and collects along the fence. Here is that pile of sand. Number of seeds planted = 0. See all the plants?

And here is the garden I built. Quite nice looking isn't it? I filled it with sand from my pile of Quarry sand, and then PLANTED the seedbank that I had collected for my experient in the sandunes at Holot Mashabim.

So.....number of seeds planted = thousands.

Where are all the plants?
Well...I suppose I only have 1 degree in Botany.....so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home