Monday, November 15, 2004

International dinner

I know that I promised locusts next, but if I'm going to keep to this whole "chronological thing" than I'm going to have to break that promise.......plus, the suspense is exciting? Especially because I am taking so long to post?

We had an international dinner here for the students. Everyone was supposed to bring food typical of their home country. But what's typical for Canada? Especially whose ingredients are available in Israel? So I decided on Pierogies.
"Pierogies?", you ask? "Are those even Canadian?".
Well, no, not originally. But they're very typical in Canada, and especially in Saskatchewan, .....plus I really missed pierogies. I've realized though, that if I really miss a food from Canada, I'm just going to have to learn to make it myself. Pierogies were much easier than I expected....I mean they were really really hard, I'm just very talented : )


Pierogies in progress..... They're stuffed with potatoes and cheese. I can't find any cheese really sharper than a mozarella though, so they are a bit milder than I'm used to.


And the finished product.....Have to admit it, but I was pretty impressed with myself. Especially after a student from Poland told me that I made them "exactly right. They tasted just like home." They tasted just like home for me too.Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home