Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Leaving Israel

By the time you are reading this, I am already back in Vancouver, and also likely already in the Yukon as well. I left Sede Boqer on May 16th, and 28 hours later I was in Vancouver.






Before I left, I had to say goodbye to the greenhouse, all my sand, and my experiment which I closed down for the summer (just on time to get another one up and running). As you can see, everything has been covered up and is waiting for the rains to start in the fall.





But I also had to say goodbye to a lot of amazing people who I met this year, who made Sede Boqer feel like home, who made it really hard to leave and who are making me really glad I am going back.



My friend Valeria threw me a combination going away/ birthday part a few days before I left. It was great to see everyone together, and it seems as though everyone had a great time--we were up dancing until the wee hours in the morning .










This will likely be the last time I post for a while. I'm heading to Kluane tomorrow morning for the rest of the summer. I hope that everyone enjoyed reading this, especially when I actually updated it...for me it seemed to work as a way to keep everyone updated on where I was and what I was getting myself into. I will post again one day, perhaps this summer if I get the chance, but definitely again as I continue my travels.Thanks for all your comments, and thanks for reading......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home